Rosedale Eastside, North Riding of Yorkshire
Rosedale Eastside, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in N.R. Yorkshire, 10 miles from Pickering railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Rosedale Abbey, under Pickering. Acreage of township, 5394; population, 815. The ecclesiastical parish comprises the townships of Rosedale Eastside and Rosedale Westside, and was formed in 1873. Population, 1364. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £220. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, which occupies part of the cloisters of the ancient priory of Rosedale, was rebuilt in 1839 in the Norman style, and consists of chancel, nave, and turret. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: