Pilmoor, North Riding of Yorkshire
Pilmoor, a hamlet in Brafferton township, in the N.R. Yorkshire, with a station on the N.E.R. at the junction of tha lines to Boroughbridge and Driffield, 6 miles SSE of Thirsk. There is a post office at the railway station, under York; money order and telegraph office, Helperby. Pilmoor Hall is the chief residence. A chapel of ease was erected in 1880.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pilmoor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: