Normanby, North Riding of Yorkshire
Normanby, a village, a township, and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the river Seven, 2½ miles from Sinnington railway station, and 6 from Pickering. Post town and money order office, Sinnington (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Kirby Moorside. The township comprises 1785 acres; population, 157. The parish contains also the township of Thoroton Risebrough. Population, 200. The manor belongs to the Grayson family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; gross value, £420 with residence. The church was thoroughly restored in 1895. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Normanby:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: