Newton on Rawcliffe, North Riding of Yorkshire
Newton or Newton-on-Rawcliffe, a township and a chapelry in Pickering parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile from Levisham station on the N.E.R.,and 4½ miles N by E of Pickering, with a post office under Pickering; money order and telegraph office, Pickering. Acreage of township, 2204; population, 266; of the ecclesiastical parish, 512. The manor belongs to The Hill family. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York; gross value, £250 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and there is also an endowed parochial school.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Newton on Rawcliffe:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: