Nether Silton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Silton, Nether, a township-chapelry in Leake parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 6½ miles E of Northallerton railway station. Post town, Northallerton; money order and telegraph office, Osmotherley. Acreage, 1538; population, 156. The living is annexed to Leake. The church is a plain building, restored in 1878, consisting of chancel, nave, and bell-turret. There is a Wesleyan chapel
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Nether Silton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: