Morton upon Swale, North Riding of Yorkshire
Morton-upon-Swale, a village and a township in Ainderby Steeple parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire, a quarter of a mile from Ainderby station on the N.E.R., and 3½ miles WSW of Northallerton. Acreage, 1540, of which 29 are water; population, 225. The Earl of Harewood is lord of the manor and principal landowner. There are Wesleyan and Free Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: