Moorsholme, North Riding of Yorkshire
Moorsholme, a township in Skelton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 5½ miles E by S of Guisbrough, and 4 from Danby station on the N.E.R. It has a post office at Great Moorsholme under Guisbrough; money order office, Lingdale Lane; telegraph office, Loftus. Acreage, including Gil-rick, 4357; population, 427. There are a chapel of ease, erected in 1892, and Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Guisborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Moorsholme from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Moorsholm or Moorsham)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: