Mickleton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Mickleton, a township in Eomald Kirk parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the Tees river and Tees Valley railway, 7½ miles NW of Barnard Castle. It has a post and money order office under Darlington; telegraph office, Middleton Teesdale. There are also a station on the N.E.R., a chapel of ease, and chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. Acreage, 4749; population, 665. Most of the surface is high moorland.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: