Marton le Moor, North Riding of Yorkshire
Marton-le-Moor, a village and a township in Topcliffe parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire, 3 miles NNW of Borough-bridge railway station. There is a post office under Ripon; money order office, Dishforth; telegraph office, Ripon. Acreage of township, 1678; population, 192. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York; net value, £104. Patron, the Vicar of Topcliffe. The church is good and was restored in 1889.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Marton le Moor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Marton-Le-Moor)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: