Liverton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Liverton, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Easington parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 6¼ miles E of Guisbrough, and 2 from Loftus station on the N.E.R. There is a post office at Liverton Mines, under Loftus (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Loftus. Acreage of township, 2454; population, 764. The manor belongs to Viscount Downe. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Easington, in the diocese of York. The church is partly Norman. Iron is worked. There is an hospital at Liverton Mines.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Liverton:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Liverton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: