Little Edstone, North Riding of Yorkshire
Edstone, Little, a small township in Sinnington parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile NE of Great Edstone. Post town, money order, and telegraph office, Kirby-Moorside, which is also the nearest railway station. Acreage, 171; population, 14.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Edstone are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: