Linton upon Ouse, North Riding of Yorkshire
Linton-upon-Ouse, a township in Newton-upon-Ouse parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the upper level of the river Ouse, 6½ miles SW of Easingwold, and about 4 from Shipton or Tollerton railway stations. Acreage, 2322, including 30 of water; population, 256. The property belongs to University College, Oxford, who are lords of the manor. A Church of England school chapel was erected in 1871.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Easingwould|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Linton upon Ouse from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Linton-upon-Ouse)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: