Lealholm, North Riding of Yorkshire
Lealholm, a vale and a railway station in Glaisdale parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire. The vale is traversed by a brook to the river Esk, at a point 10 miles WSW of Whit.by; is well wooded to the length of about a mile, and has rocky sides about 150 feet high. The railway station is on the North Yorkshire and Cleveland branch of the N.E.R., adjacent to the foot of the vale.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lealholm are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: