Lazenby (Wilton), North Riding of Yorkshire
Lazenby, a hamlet in Wilton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles NW of Guisbrough. It has a post and money order office under Redcar; telegraph office, Eston. There are Wesleyan, Primitive Methodist, and Congregational chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lazenby (Wilton) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: