Laskill Pasture, North Riding of Yorkshire
Laskill Pasture, a township in Helmsley parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Rye, 7 miles NNW of Helmsley, which is the nearest railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Helmsley. Acreage, 1589; population, 90. The manor belongs to Lord Faversham. There is a Friends' meeting-house. Some substructions, supposed to be the remains of a monastery, were discovered in 1855.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Helmsley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Laskill Pasture from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Laskill-Pasture)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: