Langthorne, North Riding of Yorkshire
Langthorne, a township in Crakehall parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles NW of Bedale, and 1½ mile from Crakehall railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Bedale. Acreage, 833; population, 104. The Duke of Leeds is lord of the manor. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Crakehall, in the diocese of Ripon; joint net value, £295 -with residence. The church was erected in 1877, and the site was given by the Duke of Leeds. Bricks and tiles are made. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bedale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Langthorne from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Langthorne)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: