Kirkby Misperton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Kirkby Misperton, a village, a township, and a parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire. The township lies 4 miles SSW of Pickering, with a post office under Pickering. Acreage, 1791; population, 223. The parish contains also the townships of Barughs Ambo, Eyton, Little Habton, and Great Habton. Acreage, 8599; population, 804. There are four churches, one in each township. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; net value, £452 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Feversham. The church is ancient, and has an aisle, chancel, and tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Kirkby-Misperton St. Lawrence|
|Poor Law union||Malton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kirkby Misperton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Kirkby-Misperton (St. Lawrence))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: