Kirk Leavington, North Riding of Yorkshire
Kirk Leavington, a village, a township, and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Leaven, adjacent to the N.E.R., 2 miles NNE of Pickton Junction station, and 2½ SSE of Yarm. Acreage, 2202; population, 210. The parish contains the townships of Castle Leavington, Picton, and Low Worsall. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Yarm. Acreage, 5638; population, 548. An old castle was at Castle Leavington. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; value, £298. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is very old, and was restored in 1883.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: