Kirby Hill or Kirby on the Moor, North Riding of Yorkshire
Kirby Hill or Kirby-on-the-Moor, a village, a township, and a parish in N.R. Yorkshire. The village stands on an eminence, near the river Ure, 1 mile NNW of Boroughbridge" railway station, and commands a view of York and Ripon cathedrals and sixteen churches. The township comprises-1213 acres; population, 125. The parish contains also the township of Langthorpe, parts of Humberton, Marton-le-Moor, and Milby. Post town, Boroughbridge. Population of the ecclesiastical parish, 620. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon; net value, £260 with residence. Patron, the Bishop. The church was restored and enlarged in 1869, and contains some fine Norman arches.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: