Kiplin, North Riding of Yorkshire
Kiplin, a township in Bolton-upon-Swale parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Ouse, near its influx to the Swale, 2 miles from Bolton. Post town, Northallerton; money order office, Scorton; telegraph office, Catteriek. It comprises an area of 1011 acres; population, 93. Kiplin Hall is the seat of the Carpenter family, who are lords of the manor and sole-landowners.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Northallerton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kiplin from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Kiplin)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kiplin are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: