Kilburn, North Riding of Yorkshire
Kilburn, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in the N.R. Yorkshire. The village stands in a narrow valley under the Hambleton Hills, 2 miles N of Coxwold railway station and 6 ESE of Thirsk, and has a post office under Easingwold; money order and telegraph office, Coxwold. The township comprises 2808 acres; population, 331. The ecclesiastical parish contains also the townships of Oldstead, Wass, and Thorpe-le-Willows. Population, 548. The manor belongs to the Archbishop of York. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is. Norman, and has a tower; it has been carefully restored. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Kilburn:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kilburn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: