Kepwick, North Riding of Yorkshire
Kepwick, a village and a township in Over Silton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 7 miles from Thirsk station on the N.E.R. Post town, Northallerton; .money order and telegraph office, Osmotherley. The township comprises 2742 acres; population, 188. Limestone is worked and freestone is quarried.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Over Silton|
|Poor Law union||Thirsk|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kepwick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Kepwick)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kepwick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: