Keldholme, North Riding of Yorkshire
Keldholme, a hamlet in Kirby Moorside township and parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 6½ miles WNW of Pickering, and a quarter of a mile from Kirby Moorside station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Kirby Moorside. A Cistercian nunnery was founded here in the tune of Henry II. by Robert de Stuteville, and went at the dissolution to the Earl of Westmorland.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Keldholme are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: