Keld, North Riding of Yorkshire
Keld, a village in Muker township, Grinton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on Birkdale Beck, among the moors, 3 miles NW of Muker, and 10 from Hawes station on the N.E.R. It has a post office under Richmond; money order office, Gunnerside; telegraph office, Hawes. There are Congregational and Wesleyan chapels, and a literary institute with library and reading-rooms.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Keld are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: