Ilton with Pott, North Riding of Yorkshire
Ilton-with-Pott, a township in Masham parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles SW of Masham station on the N.E.R. Post town, Bedale; money order and telegraph office, Masham. Acreage, 2967; population, 162. The manor belongs to Lord Masham. There is a Wesleyan chapel erected in 1876.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bedale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ilton with Pott from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ilton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: