Huttons Ambo, North Riding of Yorkshire
Huttons Ambo, a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent, with a station on the N.E.R., 2 miles SW of New Malton. It contains the villages of High Hutton and Low Hutton, and has a post office at Low Hutton, under York; money order and telegraph office, Malton. Acreage, 2896; population, 392. The manor belongs to the Starkey family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £226. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is modern, in the Early English style, and has a bell-turret. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Huttons-Ambo St. Margaret|
|Poor Law union||Malton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Huttons Ambo:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Huttons Ambo from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Huttons-Ambo (St. Margaret))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Huttons Ambo are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: