Hutton Sessay, North Riding of Yorkshire
Hutton Sessay, a township in Sessay parish, N.R. Yorkshire, near the N.E.R., 4½ miles SSE of Thirsk. Acreage, 739; population, 96. The property belongs chiefly to Lord Downe.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Thirsk|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hutton Sessay from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hutton-Sessay)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hutton Sessay are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: