Hutton Mulgrave, North Riding of Yorkshire
Hutton Mulgrave, a township in Ugthorp parish, N.R. Yorkshire, near Dunsley Bay, 4½ miles W by S of Whitby station on the N.E.R. Post town, Ugthorp; money order and telegraph office, Lythe. Acreage, 2546; population, 91. Roman urns and other Roman relics have been found. The Marquis of Normanby is lord of the manor and chief landowner.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Whitby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hutton Mulgrave from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hutton-Mulgrave)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hutton Mulgrave are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: