Hutton Hang, North Riding of Yorkshire
Hutton Hang, a township in Finghall parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 3 miles NE of Middleham, and 1¼ mile from Finghall Lane station on the N.E.E. Post town, Finghall; money order and telegraph office, Newton-le-Willows. Acreage, 591; population, 20. Lord Masham is lord of the manor and sole landowner.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Leyburn|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hutton Hang from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hutton-Hang)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hutton Hang are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: