Hutton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Hutton, a village and a township in Endby-in-CleveIand parish, N.R. Yorkshire. The township bears the alternative name of Hutton Eudby, lies on the river Leven, near the North Yorkshire and Cleveland railway, 4 miles WSW of Stokesley, and 1½ mile from Potto railway station. There is a post, money order, and telegraph office, of the name of Hutton Bndby, under Yarm. Acreage, 2372; population, 821. The manufacture of sailcloth is carried on. There is a parish church, and also Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Long Marston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hutton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hutton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: