High Worsall, North Riding of Yorkshire
Worsall, High, a township in the ecclesiastical parish of High Worsall with Low Worsall, Northallerton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Tees, 4 miles SW of Yarm station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Yarm. Acreage, 1594; population, 69. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living of High Worsall with Low Worsall is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £120. The old church having become unsafe, a new one was erected in 1894.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for High Worsall:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of High Worsall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: