Heworth, North Riding of Yorkshire
Heworth, a consolidated chapelry in the N.R. Yorkshire, formed out of the parishes of St Saviour, St Cuthbert, and St Olave, and assigned to the Church of the Holy Trinity by an Order in Council. There is a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under York. Population, 1532. By an extension of the boundaries of the city of York, the village of Heworth is now included in the city. The church, schools, and vicarage house occupy a central position about 1½ mile NE of York railway station. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £290 with residence.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: