Harton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Harton, a village and a township in Rossall parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent, 8 miles SSW of New Mal-ton, and 3 from Barton Hill station on the N.E.R. Post town, York; money order and telegraph office, Sand Hutton. Acreage of township, 2003; population, 123.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Harton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: