Harome, North Riding of Yorkshire
Harome, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1863 from Helmsley parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 2¼ miles from Helmsley station on the N.E.R. There is a post office under Nawton (R.S.O.), money order andtelegraph office, Helmsley. Acreage of township, 2359; population, 375.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Harome:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Harome are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: