UK Genealogy Archives logo

Harlsey, West, North Riding of Yorkshire

Historical Description

Harlsey, West, a township in Osmotherley parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 1½ mile SSW of East Harlsey, and 2 miles from Welbury station on the N.E.R. Post town, Northallerton; money order and telegraph office, Brompton. Acreage, 1505; population, 56. Harlsey Castle here was built by Judge Strangeways, and is now a ruin.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: