Great and Little Habton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Habton, Great and Little, two townships in Kirkby Misperton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Eye, 3 miles NW by N and 4 NW of New Malton, and 3 from Amotherby station on the N.E.R. Great Habton has a post office under Malton; money order and telegraph office, Malton. Acreage, 951 and 472; population, 126 and 50. A church was opened in 1884, at Great Habton, which is served by the clergy of Kirkby Misperton, and is dedicated to St Chad, and there is also a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: