Fremington, North Riding of Yorkshire
Fremington, a small village in Reeth township, Grinton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Swale, half a mile E of Reeth. Numerous ancient articles have been found here made of brass inlaid with silver, supposed to have been ornaments of horse harness, and to have been manufactured by the Romans. Draycott Hall, the seat of Sir Francis Charles Edward Denys, Bart., is near here.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Fremington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: