Feetham, North Riding of Yorkshire
Feetham, a village in Melbecks township and ecclesiastical parish, N.R. Yorkshire, situated on the river Swale, 3 miles W of Reeth, and 13 from Richmond. The living is a vicarage; value, £160 with residence, in the gift of the Vicar of Grinton. The parish church, which is in this village, was built in 1841, and the interior was restored in 1886 by public subscription.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Feetham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: