Ellingtons, North Riding of Yorkshire
Ellingtons, or High and Low Ellington, two villages forming a township in Masham parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Ouse, 2 miles NNW of Masham. Post, money order,. and telegraph office, Masham. Acreage, 1945; population, 100. The manor belongs to Lord Masham. There isa Wes-leyan chapel at High Ellington.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Leyburn|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ellingtons from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ellington, Nether and Over)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: