East Tanfield, North Riding of Yorkshire
Tanfield, East, a township in Kirklington parish, N.R. Yorkshire, near the river Ure and Tanfield station on the N.E.R., 5½ miles NNW of Ripon. Post town, Bedale; money order and telegraph office, Kirklington. Acreage, 1295; population, 54.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of East Tanfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: