East Rounton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Rounton, East, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Rudby-in-Cleveland parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Wiske, 2 miles NE of Welbury railway station, and 6 S of Yarm. Post town, Northallerton; money order office, Swaiaby; telegraph office, Welbury. Acreage, 1622; population, 157. Rounton Grange is the seat of the Bell family, who are lords of the manor. The living is annexed to Rodby, in the diocese of York. The church consists of chancel, nave, and turret, and was restored in 1884.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for East Rounton:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of East Rounton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: