East Newton and Laysthorp, North Riding of Yorkshire
Newton, East, and Laysthorp, a township in Stonegrave parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Rye, 3½ miles SE by S of Helmsley, and one-fourth of a mile from Nunnington station on the N.E.R. Post town, York; money order and telegraph office, Oswaldkirk. Acreage, 940; population, 51. The manor belongs to the Wombwell family.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Helmsley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Newton and Laysthorp from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Newton, East, with Laysthorpe)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: