Dalton (Kirkby-Ravensworth), North Riding of Yorkshire
Dalton, a village and a township in Kirkby-Ravensworth parish, N.R. Yorkshire, near Watling Street, 7 miles from Richmond station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 2706; population, 157. There is a chapel of ease, also an endowed school, and a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirkby Ravensworth|
|Poor Law union||Richmond|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dalton (Kirkby-Ravensworth) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Dalton, or Dalton-Travers)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: