Dalby with Skewsby, North Riding of Yorkshire
Dalby-with-Skewsby, a village, a township, and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, on an affluent of the river Derwent, 4 miles S by E of Hovingham railway station, and 7¼ E by N of Easingwold. Post and money order office, Terrington, under York; telegraph office, Hovingham. Acreage, 1347; population, 139. The parish includes the hamlets of Skewsby and Witherholm. Dalby Hall is now used as a farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; net value, £187 with residence. The church is an ancient stone building in the Norman style, and was restored in 1886; only the chancel remains of the original-the body of the church is 200 years later.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Dalby:
|Dalby with Skewsby||1813-1914||1838-1929||1813-1988|
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: