Colton or Coulton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Colton or Coulton, a township in Hovingham parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire, 6¼ miles S of Helmsley, and 1¼ mile from Gilling station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 1087; population, 109. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: