Colbourn or Colburn, North Riding of Yorkshire
Colbourn or Colburn, a village and a township in the chapelry of Hipswell, Catterick parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Swale, 2½ miles SE by E of Richmond, and 2 from Catterick Bridge station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 1357; population, 97. The Lawson family of Brough Hall are lords of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Richmond|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Colbourn or Colburn from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Colbourne)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: