Cawthorn, North Riding of Yorkshire
Cawthorn, a township in Middleton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles NNW of Pickering, which is the post town and money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1133; population, 23. There are four Roman camps in good preservation, one of them square and double-ditched, another nearly oval, 850 feet long and 320 broad. Some British tumuli are near.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: