Burton Constable or Constable Burton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Burton-Constable or Constable-Burton, a township in Finghall parish, N.R. Yorkshire, with a station on the Northallerton and Hawes branch railway, 3½ miles E of Leybum. It includes the hamlet of Studdow. Post town, Bedale; money order and telegraph office, Leyburn. Acreage, 2650; population, 189.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Leyburn|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Burton Constable or Constable Burton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Burton-Constable)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: