Boulby, North Riding of Yorkshire
Boulby, a hamlet in Easington parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 9 miles E of Guisborough, and 1 mile from Easington station on the N.E.R. Extensive alum-works have been in operation here since 1615. An old edifice, now a farmhouse, was the seat of the Conyerses.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Boulby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: