Boosbeck, North Riding of Yorkshire
Boosbeck, a mining village in Skelton-in-Cleveland parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire. It has a station on the N.E.R., and a post and money order office under Skelton (R.S.O.), which is the telegraph office. There is an iron church annexed to Skelton.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Boosbeck Cemetery, Boosbeck:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Boosbeck are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: